Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Libraries, bookstores, and more books, oh my!

Current count of books read for 2017: 13.

I am also in between several books, which is only hindered by me going out and buying more books. It is a cycle that will never end. :)

While it has been a while posting, I have been reading away the days and visiting bookstores and libraries, both familiar and new. For example, the historic Chicago library:
Harold Washington Library in Chicago

I also visited the new Amazon Bookstore that opened in my city. I was super excited for this to open, but disappointed when I finally visited during opening week. It is about the average size for a bookstore, as it does not only sell books, but also electronics, tea sets, and has a cafe inside. The books are impressively displayed, only the majority of them are not new books. I found quite a few books I read a few years ago, and could not find any new ones that I came in to buy. The plus side of this bookstore is that you can use your Amazon Prime membership to receive in-person discounts on items for sale. The downside is that it is not yet at that point of the store being able to provide you with a new book same day. (We can't all be New York!) Either way, I do recommend visiting at least once, as it is an experience in itself.

Amazon Bookstore - Electronics

Books, books, books!

Intriguing murals on the walls.

I will leave you with a couple quotes I found as noteworthy:
From: The Mark of the Tala by Jeffe Kennedy

From: Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment