Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Dog Ate My...Manuscript??

Hello World!

Yes, I'm still around, just have been busy. Also, almost finished with a new book, of which I will review later this week. :)

In response to the title of this post, I would like to talk about the old age expression "The dog ate my homework." While listening to the radio this week, I heard this fun fact and figured I should pass it along to fellow bookworms. Can anyone tell me which classic author wrote a manuscript for a book and had to re-write it, by hand? (Yes, yes this is really a thing! I couldn't believe it either when I first heard it.) Give up? John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men!

Apparently, Mr. Steinbeck's dog was left alone in the room with the manuscript and the dog tore it to shreds!Thankfully, Mr. Steinbeck was able to double his effort in recreating the manuscript and now we have the book we have come to know and love today. Maybe we should be glad the dog ate his work?

No comments:

Post a Comment