Saturday, February 4, 2017

Happy Saturday!


Finished Reading: The Art of War by Paula Stokes
Relevant Song: Battlefield by Jordin Sparks

Happy Saturday!

My favorite place to visit for books, besides the library/bookstores/thrift shops? The dollar store! You would not think it, but Dollar Tree is my absolute favorite place to visit on a Sunday afternoon. They have a plethora of overstock books with some really great choices! They always differ, best sellers, manga, how-to's, etc. I can buy as many books as I want, without the guilt, but with the new book smell.

This past week, during my Dollar Tree visit, I stumbled upon the book, The Art of Lainey, the story plot of which intrigued me. The Art of Lainey is takes from the Art of War, by Sun Tzu, in the way that her boyfriend breaks up with her and she uses ancient Chinese warlord strategies to try and win him back. It is a cute, quick read in the spirit of Valentine's Day. I highly recommend it if you are in the mood for something cutesy, yet with a point and a plot.

I have not yet read The Art of War by Sun Tzu, but it has been on my list for a while. I am making it a point to read it within the few weeks. Also to add to my reading list: More books by Paula Stokes. Seriously, go read this book/her writing! She is creative and funny and you definitely will not regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment