Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Music and Books

Many authors have song playlists they listen to while they write their masterpieces. I am a fan of many genres of books, as well as many genres of music. Luckily, both of these go hand in hand and create (at least for me) an unforgettable reading experience. I love to listen to songs while reading, so it seems more alive. It is a bit like watching a movie in my head--thank you power of imagination!

Here are a few songs and books I have listened to together in the past:
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
    • Swan Song by Within Temptation (first half of book)
    • Angels by Within Temptation (first half of book)
  • Splintered Series by A.G. Howard 
    • Give You What You Like by Avril Lavigne
  • The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare 
    • Clarity by Zedd featuring Foxes
I will list more as I remember them/begin new books. Let me know in the comments: Do you have a music playlist while you read or do you need it to be absolutely quiet?

No comments:

Post a Comment