Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West

(c) Kasie West and HarperTeen
Let me start off by saying, I love to read books by Kasie West. She has the cutest love stories! I always make sure to read her latest novel. The only one I couldn't finish was "Lucky in Love," due to the main character's compulsion to spend money (something that irritates me in real life). I have not yet read Pivot Point or its sequel (but will!), but have read her other novels.

Love, Life, and the List is a story about growing up. Abby Turner's life is about painting, trying to get her mom out of the house to try and help her with her anxiety, trading sarcasm/witty remarks with her grandfather, and being with her three friends, including her best friend, Cooper. She works for an art curator, surrounding herself with other people's artwork every time she goes to work. She has her sights set on an exclusive art winter camp, but believes she is not good enough until she can sell one of her own paintings. Cue beginning of story!

Warning: the next paragraph may contain spoilers!
Abby is told that she does not have any heart in her paintings. So she creates a list to complete to "grow" her heart. She goes through the list with Cooper, who still doesn't realize Abby loves him (or refuses to believe it, which is more likely). (End Spoiler) As her experiences from the list begin to change her, Abby realizes she cannot keep running from her problems and begins to face each one head on.

I loved this book. It made me laugh (a lot). It made me cry (it did, really)! It reminded me of my own experiences of falling in love and growing up. I highly recommend this book, especially for YA readers, and those who need a little love in their life during this dreary winter season. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment